BritCert Statement of Impartiality (Management Principles)
1. BritCert and its Directors, Managers, Staff and other persons involved in the Certification of Organisations fully understand the importance of impartiality in undertaking any Certification Activities.
2. BritCert is committed to impartiality and as such has developed and implemented procedures to manage, identify, analyse and document all possibilities for potential conflict of interests that may emerge from its Certification and / or Consultancy activities. BritCert shall not undertake any actions that it considers to create an unacceptable threat to impartiality.
3. When certain relations create unacceptable threats to impartiality then the Certification shall not be conducted. BritCert shall not certify another Certification Body for its activities relating to Management System Certification.
4. When potential threats to impartiality arise, BritCert eliminates or mitigates those threats. This process is monitored by the Committee for Safeguarding Impartiality.
5. BritCert does not outsource audits or any other certification activities.
6. Where possible, BritCert will make sure that personnel who have provided consultancy or internal audits in the previous two years, shall not take part in certification activities.
7. BritCert takes actions to respond to any threats to our impartiality arising from any external actions.
8. All BritCert staff shall act impartially and shall not allow financial, commercial or other pressures to compromise their impartiality and have been instructed to report any situations that might result in threats to impartiality.
9. The Committee for Safeguarding Impartiality shall periodically review conformance with the impartiality requirements of ISO 17021.
10. BritCert ensure that all employees are competent in the management of impartiality.